Health Club of S.Thomas’ College, Mt. Lavinia.
Introduction of the Health Club
The idea of the Health Club for S.Thomas’ College Mount Lavinia is based on the Ministry of Health existing School Health Promotional Programmes developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and the Old Thomians’ Health Professionals Association. The Main objective the club is to empower the students of the college to take participation on promotion of their Health.
Health Week 2016
The Health Club of S. Thomas’ College Mount Lavinia in collaboration with the Old Thomians’ Health Professionals Association will be organizing a Heath Week from 24th to 27th of May 2016 at the college premises.
Details of the Health Week are as follows,
Details of the Health Week
- a. Staff members of STC. (Tutorial/Administrative/Supportive)
- b. Students of STC.
- c. The College neighbourhood.
- d. Parents.
The club is expecting a participation of approximately 400-500 people.
“A HEALTHY MIND AND A HEALTHY BODY HELPS TO BUILD A HEALTHY SOCIETY.”
- • BMI
- • Blood pressure
- • Blood sugar
- • Eye clinic
- • Dental clinic
- • ECG
- • A pharmacy (Generic drugs from Dr. Kapila Kanangara)
The patient will receive a medical report which will illustrate his or her medical conditions.
- • Lectures for students, parents and staff
- • A Health Quiz for middle School students.
Objectives of the Health Week
- Engage health and other educational officials, teachers, students and community leaders and other relevant organizations in efforts to promote health.
- Improve skills based health education.
- Implement health promoting policies and practices that support health.
Rough Budget of the project
|Health Club Account||Rs.50,000|
|Health Camp Leaflets||20 x 700||Rs.14000|
|Health Quiz Certificates||30 x 10||Rs. 300|
|Medical Report Sheets||6 x 700||Rs. 4200|
|Radio Club||Rs. 4000|
|Photographic Club||Rs. 4000|
|Notepads||100 x 40||Rs. 4000|