Last year’s GCE OL Exam results were released in the month of April 2016. The overall results at the Ordinary Level exam showed a marginal improvement in the success rate, compared to previous years.
Many students of S.Thomas’ College, Mt.Lavinia achieved excellent results at the 2015 GCE Ordinary Level Exam, according to results released by the Examinations Department.
At this year’s examination 36 students excelled in the GCE Ordinary Level Exam in 2015 by obtaining 9 distinctions for all the subjects. The obtained results were a credit to the whole teaching team.
Effort is the process, achievement is the outcome. Children spend their time in the effort, and so this is what they can change. The achievement is the result of the effort.
I would like to appreciate the hard work and the kindness of teachers in the upper school of the College for the great achievements of the boys who have excelled at the GCE O/L examination. Teachers hold the future of our communities and our nation in their hands. Teachers are the single most important factor in a student’s learning beyond curriculum, technology, or community partnerships. They are the initiators of student’s learning, by providing the knowledge through communicating and touching not just students’ minds, but their hearts, as well. Nobody will ever match the power of the teacher who is able to whisper in a student’s ear.
There is a fascinating factor about our school that the pupils are all kept in the same classroom, regardless of their abilities in different subjects. This stance serves as a great encouragement to ever single student.
The most important thing that any student can do is to perform to their fullest potential at all times. This is the key to success. Not everyone is a high achiever, but everyone can do their best.
The Students who achieved the highest qualifications at the Ordinary Level 2015
1. N U Ranaweera 19. D A T Weerakkody
2. G S N Aponso 20. M F Vazeer
3. P A B Yasendra 21. S C P Ephraims
4. R M T S N Kaduruwewa 22. D R Wijayaratna
5. K D Dahanayake 23. M P A Fernando
6. V C Tennakoon 24. S C Sahabandu
7. G M O Wijayarathne 25. K R D Fernando
8. V D Liyanagamage 26. B I R Mendis
9. A T M U C B Tennakoon 27. W M H C Weerasinghe
10. A H T N S Dharmasena 28. M D S Fernando
11. N A Abunahb 29. N S S Hemakumara
12. R Thanushgar 30. K A S Kamarudeen
13. H P L Fernando 31. S Abishek
14. S R Hettiarachchi 32. A Rajenthran
15. Y H Jayasinghe 33. D Yuveshanth
16. D S Samaraweera 34. S Senthushaan
17. K Y K Senaratne 35. V Gajoashan
18. H M P D B Palapathwela 36. C N Gurusinghe
Credits, STC Media Unit